Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a "whole" new world...

so i started a new job this week.... figured it was a good excuse to get my blog going as well. this first post is kind of boring, i realize... but here is a quick overview of the new employment situation, including a few photos, courtesy of google images. and my cell phone. :)

pretty sure i took this on my first break, second day at work. if you can't already tell by the look on my face, so far it's been a little overwhelming. going from a desk job, to a fast paced customer service position will take a lot of adjusting, i can already tell... to give some basic info, my job title is "team member", my department is "prepared foods". basically, i work in the deli.....need i say more? :) here's a couple photos of the store I work at, and the counter I stand behind:



i basically show up to work, roll up my sleeves, and hit the counter to help the next customer with whatever they may be looking for... which in my department is sold primarily by the pound.... its amazing how much people will spend for their favorite foods... curry chicken salad, smoked mozzarella pasta, roasted vegetables, handmade sandwiches with every spread you can imagine, burrito bar, oven fresh pizza, etc. you get the idea! its an amazing array of smells to be greeted with, to say the least.... and here are a few images to help your imagination...:






here's a view of the outside of the building... it used to be a cadillac dealership back in the day, and was just recently renovated into a Whole Foods location... here's a few pics from now:




and here's one from before, that i found online.....:



anyway, that's the jist of it. i'll try to think of something more interesting to post for next time, but for now..... that's what's new.... :)



2 comments:

  1. This would have made me so hungry had I not decided to eat a Lunchables at 6:30 in the morning :) Glad you like your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a little stressful :) but yeah the food really makes it worth being there...so far. ha, we'll see how long that lasts :P

    ReplyDelete